Keri Mahoney is both a registered nurse and an attorney – she is a bright and motivated advocate who is eager to help you. Keri has worked as an oncology nurse (both pediatric and adult) for nearly ten years. She was also the Valedictorian of the part-time division of Touro Law Center’s Class of 2014.
Upon graduating, Keri decided to embrace her entrepreneurial spirit and open her own practice as part of Touro Law Center’s Community Justice Center. Keri has extensive knowledge in a variety of areas and works with a wide network of mentors to ensure that you receive competent representation.
- New York State
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Academic Honors
- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Touro Law Center
- Winner of 23 CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (awarded to the top student in each course)
- The Unlucky Penny: How $0.01 in Collateral Value Can Limit the Debtor’s Ability to Strip Off a Junior Mortgage in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Proceeding, 29 Touro L. Rev. 757 (2013).
- Writing Honors and Awards
- Associate Editor, Touro Law Review
- Third Place, State Bar of California International Law Section’s Sixth Annual Student Writing Competition
- Oral Advocacy Honors and Awards
- Research Editor, Touro Moot Court Honors Board
- Best Oralist (Sixth Place), 2013 Burton D. Wechsler First Amendment Moot Court Competition
- First Place, 2012 Nassau Academy of the Law Honorable Elaine Jackson Stack Moot Court Competition
- Best Advocate (First Place), 29th Annual John S. Bainbridge Moot Court Competition
- BSN, Summa Cum Laude, Northeastern University
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Basic Tax Preparer